Believe it or not, on a blog that is predominately made up of makeup related posts, this is the first makeup tutorial that I've done. I don't know why it's taken me so long to do one as I'm always experimenting with different makeup looks and trying to recreating those that I've seen others do. I think perhaps part of the reason why I haven't done one sooner was due to not having a good camera to take close-up photographs, but today I decided to bite the bullet and make do with photos from my iPhone as I really loved the look that I created.
Today's look is very summer appropriate and is about adding a subtle pop of colour to your makeup. I know a lot of people shy away from adding colour to their look but there is a way to do so without looking too crazy. As you can see, I've added a wash of coral to the lids as well as using two lipsticks to mix a very pretty salmon shade. The colours where a bit more prominent in real life and for some reason didn't show up as pigmented in the photos so take a look at the swatches towards the end of the post to get a better indication of the colours I used. Also, I'd love to hear what you thought of this type of post and whether you like me to continue posting makeup tutorials.
1. I began by applying my eye makeup but feel free to apply your base beforehand. I'd already cleansed and moisturised my skin so then applied a thin layer of Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly to act as a base for my eyeshadow.
2. Next I used a Zoeva Luxe Petit Crease Brush to apply Quarry by Mac in the eye socket making sure that it was well blended.
3. Using a Real Techniques Shading Brush I took the bright coral shade from Sleek's Oh So Special eyeshadow palette and applied it to the outer corner of the eye.
4. Using the same brush I applied the lighter pink shade in the middle of my eye, then the highlight shade from the Natural Collection's eyeshadow duo to the inner corner and brow bone.
5. I swiped Rimmel's eyeliner pencil in 'Nude' along my waterline, curled my lashes then applied a few coats of Benefit's Roller Lash mascara which I am absolutely loving at the moment.
Products used: Mac Paint Pot in 'Painterly', Sleek I-Divine palette in 'Oh So Special', Mac single eyeshadow in 'Quarry', Natural Collection eyeshadow duo in 'Mink/Sable', Rimmel Scandeleyes liner in 'Nude', Benefit Roller Lash mascara.
6. I applied my usual base products, Revlon Colourstay foundation and Maybelline Fit Me concealer under the eyes then set using Bourjois' Healthy Balance Powder. I then went in with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer which I'm currently testing out, to warm up the face.
7. Next I applied the shade 'Icing Sugar' from Sleeks 'Pink Lemonade' blush palette using my Real Techniques Blush brush.
8. To finish the look off I layered two lipstick to create a very pretty salmon shade. I began by applying a thin layer of Rimmel's Kate Moss lipsticks in the shade '101' and onto Topshop's lipstick in 'Secret Admirer'. You can see swatches of both separately and combined below!
|Products used: Benefit Hoola bronzer, Sleek Blush by 3 palette in Pink Lemonade, Rimmel Kate Long Lasting lipstick in 101, Topshop lipstick in 'Secret Admirer'.|